Saturday, March 3, 2012

Photo Challenge Day 3: Your Neighborhood

Where is day two, you ask? I had every intention of photographing the delicious Pink Lady apple I packed in my lunch, but as the weather gained momentum during work hours, I was more interested in monitoring the local radar for the destruction that was to come.

Though I've lived in the Louisville area for the past 4 years and grew up in Texas, my family is from Southern Indiana (and I spent 4 years in college there) so I've always considered it home.

This morning, while I'm not able to make it up there as crews are asking people to stay away for the time being, I'll share other people's photos of my "neighborhood".

Image caught from a security camera in Pekin, Indiana.

What's left of Marysville, Indiana. I was on the phone with my dad while he was looking out his back door as the tornado swept over the town that is basically his backyard. Fortunately, his home was spared.

What's left of the school building in Marysville. My dad actually attended kindergarten here.

Henryville Junior/Senior High School.

Photos courtesy of Wave3 and IndyStar.


If you'd like to help out, text "Red Cross" to 90999 to make a $10 donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment