Thursday, September 29, 2011

I'm not naming names...

...and I won't even reveal his face.

But SOMEBODY with green paws bounced around my white comforter this morning.

The NERVE!


Ah, it takes me about 20 seconds to forgive him for just about anything he does. And it's not his fault the lawnmowers came when it was time for his morning poop.

Anywho, I found this article yesterday on increasing your running speed. I thought the treadmill workout looked killer:
"I run at speed 10 at an incline of 1.5 or 2.0, sprint for 30 or 45 seconds, and then jump off," Natasha says. "So if you run for 30 seconds, you'll rest for 30 seconds. Do 10 straight of those, take a 2-minute break, and then jump on and do 10 more." Work your way up to three sets of 10. Once you notice a difference in your speed and feel the difficulty level waning, increase the speed and incline to make sure you're still pushing yourself.

So I attempted it this morning.

It.was.AWESOME. I couldn't even get up to 10mph on the treadmill...I had to hover around 8.5 or 9. And boy, let me tell you. When it was time to jump off after those 30 seconds, it was WELL DESERVED. I actually only got through one set of 10 of these, and with a warm-up walk and cool down, my whole workout lasted about 15-20 minutes and I blasted 200 calories.

Not a bad way to start the morning, eh? Even with green paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment